Re: native xml processing vs what Postgres and Oracle offer

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:06:08 -0400

whileone wrote:

> On Nov 10, 1:20 pm, paul c <toledobythe..._at_oohay.ac> wrote:
>

>>Forums are *not* inherently hierarchical.  You can choose to present
>>them that way, but it's not necessary and possibly misleading.

> Oy yoy yoy.
> This thread started off by me (with a different reader, different
> login name)
> saying "I have a files-based forum that I WROTE that I want to convert
> to a more database like system."
>
> Well, MY FORUM is hierarchical. I want to preserve that.

Ordinarily, when one re-writes something from scratch, one tries to correct the fundamental design flaws from the first version. If you want to go to extra effort to perpetuate your design flaws, nobody will stop you.

What I don't understand is why you would want to publicise the fact or talk about it in public. Received on Mon Nov 10 2008 - 23:06:08 CET

Original text of this message