Re: Object oriented database

From: <patrick61z_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 06:12:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Nov 1, 7:39 am, JOG <j..._at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Oct 31, 7:41 pm, patrick..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
>

> > On Oct 30, 11:36 pm, mrto..._at_tpg.com.au wrote:
>
> > > Hi all,
>
> > > I am looking for people who have an interest in object oriented
> > > databases, primarily to share ideas or to find out end-user
> > > requirements.
>
> > > I am currently working on an object oriented database product, which
> > > will be closely tied in with the programming language of choice. First
> > > goal is to make a C++ implementation, and later Java, C# and web
> > > scripts like PHP.
>
> > > Anyone with interest into the subject, please send me an email. You
> > > can see some of my products and the ideas for the OODB on my web
> > > site:http://www.clear-objects.com
>
> > > Best regards
> > > Tomas
>
> > I think an interesting project would be to implement transactions
> > without all the relational stuff. I bet there would be quite the
> > interest in having solid persistance services without having to carry
> > around schemas, triggers, sql, relational algebra, etc, sort of what
> > todays transactional file systems do for metadata, make available for
> > object persistance.
>
> AFAICT this poster is exhibiting symptoms of trolling (I refer you to
> the rash of posts across threads).Trolls intend only to generate
> negative reaction and bring attention to themselves. There is no
> reasoning with them, and the only way to deal with them is to not
> react at all.
>
> I implore you not to feed this one (even when it replies to this
> post). Regards, J.

Really, this is like the 2nd or 3rd post hinting that I'm a troll. Its off topic and borders on irritating spam. If you want an relational specific theoretical group, just say so and I'll propose it myself in the proper newsgroups. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the only one who has ever wished you idiots would just shut up. Theres plenty of polite rdbms experts that would probably still be able to visit here without my morning coffee posts sending them into downward spirals of angst and paranoia. Received on Sat Nov 01 2008 - 14:12:57 CET

Original text of this message