Re: Proper multi-users design

From: Ael <ael_at_adnx.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:45:39 GMT

> Do you know what the acronym ACID stands for
> with regard to transaction management and concurrency control?

I do. Fortunately the database design I'm working on is pretty sane (3NF, in production use for a few years with no major hiccup, relatively small : ~100 tables, ...)

> Do you have the information needed to determine what the minimal binding
> between actions and transactions must be in each of your applications?

I'm currently mapping them.

> Are you planning on implementing on all of the current back ends?

Yes.

> Do you know how to cope with concurrency, deadlock, and bottleneck issues
> in each of those back ends?

I've already had to deal with a few bottleneck issues, but I'm afraid I have no previous experience with database concurrency.

> Your task could be pretty straightforward, or monumental, depending on the
> specific situation.

Well I'm taking it one step at a time. Thanks for your input, things are a bit clearer.

--
Ael