Re: Why is database integrity so impopular ?

From: Walter Mitty <>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 12:14:32 GMT

"Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote in message
> This is not speculation. It happened repeatedly until we were starved
> into submission. The only very slight satisfaction I have is that one
> of our present customers once rejected one of our early proposals, for
> exactly the reasons I listed, and the IT director was kind enough to
> tell me recently that if he had to do that project over again he'd do
> it the way we had offered to do it.

I can echo that. Right down to the IT director who later said that my approach was the right one, much later.

That suggests a new discussion about the "sadder but wiser client". There must be a lot of stories out there about that. Received on Thu Oct 09 2008 - 14:14:32 CEST

Original text of this message