Re: books on database implementation

From: Oleg Sesov <>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 10:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

On 28 ΑΧΗ, 13:08, Brendan <> wrote:
> What are the best books on relational database implementation, and by
> this I do not mean how to design your database schema, but how to
> write an actual database, what the on disk data structures would be
> like, caching, how to implement transactions, etc.
> I'm having a hard time finding information on this subject, because
> related searches tend to come up with material on "how to write your
> CRUD web app" or at best database theory books, although I suppose the
> theory books would also be helpful.
> Thanks,
> Brendan

These books I found useful for me

Transaction Processing: Concepts and Techniques by Jim Gray, Andreas Reuter, Andreas Reuter
Database Systems : The Complete Book by Hector Garcia-Molina, Jennifer Widom, Jeffrey D. Ullman
Database Management Systems by Raghu Ramakrishnan, Johannes Gehrke, Johannes Gehrke Received on Sat Sep 13 2008 - 19:16:42 CEST

Original text of this message