Re: Guessing?

From: JOG <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:55:09 -0700 (PDT)

I get tired of these confusions concerning "meaning". There is no meaning in a proposition. None. Meaning exists in our heads and nowhere else. Logical propositions are purely syntactic, and RA is a purely mathematical formalism no different to geometry say.

And anyone who tries to use the word "semantic" in some pseudotechnical  fashion, as though the word makes any sense /whatsoever/, should be smacked round the head with a fish. A big sodding haddock maybe. Received on Tue Jul 08 2008 - 16:55:09 CDT

Original text of this message