Re: Examples of SQL anomalies?

From: -CELKO- <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:00:19 -0700 (PDT)

>> If one expects a bill and the total is $0.00, that's just as useful to alert one that the bill has not yet arrived as a NULL would be. <<

No it isn't. I pay my bills ahead as much as possible -- an old habit from years of consulting work and irregular income. A zero bill simply means that my advance payments have been used up and my bill is paid this month. A NULL means the bill has not arrived yet, so I had better be ready to take action. Big differences in how I account for my expenses. Received on Wed Jul 02 2008 - 10:00:19 CDT

Original text of this message