Re: Examples of SQL anomalies?

From: paul c <toledobysea_at_ac.ooyah>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2008 03:34:30 GMT

Marshall wrote:
> On Jul 1, 4:42 pm, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

>> Marshall wrote:
>>> On Jul 1, 1:29 pm, -CELKO- <jcelko..._at_earthlink.net> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>> After that, you said a bunch of irrelevant stuff which I'm just
>>> going to ignore.
>> What was so relevant about the stuff that came before?
>>
>> I watch you and JOG and Gene reply to his nonsense and I wonder: Why?
>> Oh, why?!? Why do you elevate his nonsense with the blessing of a reply?

> Well I'd certainly hate to just let it stand there unopposed!
>

> Marshall

History shows that as the messages become more precise and and the examples more concrete, there is always a point at which joe c will need to depart the exchange before anybody else. Of course, depending on the topic, this can happen to any of us, but in his case it takes quite a while because the starting point is usually gibberish. This is obvious even to somebody like me who is only interested in isolated aspects of db theory. He seems to be a modern version of those ancient so-called poets who played semantic games but who were embraced by the main population. He should stay away from theory, after all it can't help his book sales, as that audience could care less about theory, and from what he posts here, it certainly isn't his subject. Received on Wed Jul 02 2008 - 05:34:30 CEST

Original text of this message