Time-series in RDBs

From: <ben_at_cosmoi.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:33:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I am currently designing my first database. The complexity is manageable. However in the future I might want to expand the domain to time-series and as far as I understand time-series and databases don't go well together. How does this relate to the object-relational mismatch? I have seen that there is some research, e.g. H.Darwen's Temporal Data and the Relational Model, but don't have the time to study those things in depth. Basically I want to avert bigger problems later on. Should I research the theory more before starting implementation or can I adapt as I go along? Received on Sun Jun 15 2008 - 10:33:17 CDT

Original text of this message