Re: pro- foreign key propaganda?

From: Ed Prochak <>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:59:47 -0700 (PDT)

On May 24, 10:22 am, Bob Badour <> wrote:
> goanna wrote:
> >>In the private sector, that's easy. A good goal is one that maximizes
> >>shareholder value.
> > And here we have in a nutshell the now almost universally accepted core
> > of free market capitalism, US style: the one dimensional optimisation
> > of profit for the investor (which of course is just code for optimising
> > the profits of the parasite classes who steal from the real investors).
> So, the pensioners whose pensions hold most of the shares are parasites?

Are you suggesting pensioners hold the majority of stocks in the USA? I think you are badly mistaken.

I did a quick google search and find the top two articles both said basically the same thing. Namely that wealth is concentrated in a small percentage of the population. Here's part of one web page: start quote:::
MM: What portion of the wealth is owned by the upper groups?
Wolff: The top 5 percent own more than half of all wealth.

In 1998, they owned 59 percent of all wealth. Or to put it another way, the top 5 percent had more wealth than the remaining 95 percent of the population, collectively.

The top 20 percent owns over 80 percent of all wealth. In 1998, it owned 83 percent of all wealth.

This is a very concentrated distribution.

    ::: end quote

> Are you suggesting it's a myth that a lifetime of toil means they earned
> their wealth?

But the issue really is: where do the benefits of wealth go?

and since this is way off topic in c.d.t, that's all I will say.

  Ed Received on Tue May 27 2008 - 20:59:47 CEST

Original text of this message