Re: Guessing?

From: paul c <toledobysea_at_ac.ooyah>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 15:12:31 GMT

Brian Selzer wrote:

> In TTM, Darwin raises objections to such a strict form of orthogonality, and
> I agree: it's a problem to disallow more than one relationship between
> things, and in the case of unary relations, it's a problem to disallow
> something from having more than one property. (Page 436 if you're
> interested.)

Must be the third edition. I'll bet Hugh Darwen and his publisher wouldn't mind if you quoted the passage.

(Here on the west coast of Canada, there must be a couple of hundred thousand students attending degree-granting institutions within a 30 mile radius from where I live. Only one of the big universities here has any edition of that important book in its library, just one copy at that and apparently it has rarely if ever been signed out. What does that tell you?) Received on Tue May 27 2008 - 17:12:31 CEST

Original text of this message