Re: pro- foreign key propaganda?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 13:08:53 -0300

paul c wrote:

> Brian Selzer wrote:
>

>> Not so. Are you brain damaged? (That would explain a lot....) I
>> said one thing, and then paul c implied that I said something else.
>> Denying what paul c implied that I said does not deny what I
>> originally said. So you're wrong in saying that I'm saying that I
>> didn't say anything. But then again, you're often wrong--even if you
>> won't admit it.

I make a point of going out of my wait to admit when I am wrong. I am just not wrong anywhere near as often as the self-aggranding ignorant thinks I am.

   I wonder...do you really enjoy making a fool of
>> yourself?

Sometimes. I enjoy clowning around as much as the next guy. And I certainly don't let fear of embarrassment deter me in any way.

Somehow, though, I suspect I don't make a fool of myself anywhere near as often as the self-aggrandizing ignorant thinks I do. And given his apparent ability to assess things, I probably make a fool of myself when he thinks I don't.

   Just in case you don't, here's a little bit of wisdom I
>> heard somewhere: it is better to remain silent and let people think
>> you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Was Selzer trying to prove that hearing and listening have different meanings? I wasn't aware that needed any proof.

> As in other fields, mysticism goes negative when cornered. With those > initials it would be especially smart to avoid the personal stuff.

When you talk about mystics, are you talking about those who live by the creed: "If one cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." ? I am not entirely sure I understand what you mean when you use the word mysticism. Received on Thu May 22 2008 - 18:08:53 CEST

Original text of this message