Suggestions for conference keynote

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:55:38 +0100

Very late in the day I have been handed the task of finding a keynote speaker for a database user association conference to be held in London in mid-June.

I don't really have the time to do it properly, so I have a very small list of people I'd like to approach and no time to chase more. So, can anyone here suggest someone to deliver a 30-45 minute keynote to a group of practicing SQL DBMS professionals?

I'd be interested in hearing about anyone who might be able give a lively talk in the UK on June 17, on some topic likely to interest my audience. Interesting, inflammatory, controversial, or stimulating views on say data-protection and privacy; the open source movement; data integrity; XML; design verification (of any kind) or even just something geeky would all be welcome suggestions. They main thing is that the speaker should be engaging, articulate, and available. (It is possible that I may be able to find a sponsor to cover reasonable expenses.)

Roy Received on Sun May 18 2008 - 13:55:38 CEST

Original text of this message