Re: EAV (Re: Object-relational impedence)

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 10:48:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 26, 4:16 pm, topmind <topm..._at_technologist.com> wrote:
> Cimode wrote:
> > [Snipped]
> > > There is often a need to add columns without a lot of red-tape.
> > BS. According to what do you claim that there is a need to add new
> > columns.You are simply trying to convince yourself this is fundamental
> > need.
>
> That is my honest experience. Adding new columns is a common need. If
> that differs from your experience, then we can politely disagree.
What tells your that your experience is common ?

> > > You
> > > may argue that the red-tape "should" be in place to ensure clean
> > > schemas, but the environment may want a more "organic" approach, even
> > > if it means more clean-up effort later. It is a management/payer
> > > decision as to how to allocate those effort trade-offs.
>
> > Organic *approach* wanted by the environment??? What the hell are you
> > talking about ???...You are crazy.
>
> When requirements are not settled yet, but the customer needs
> something soon. One could argue that development shouldn't start until
> analysis is exhaustive, but this option is not always negotiable.
> Unfortunately, I am not God and cannot control all resources.
What has God to do with that ????
You claim that you are not God but at the same time, you got the nerve to declare without the shadow of a doubt what a user needs or does not need.

> > > If the customer wants the ability to add new columns without
> > > programmer or DBA intervention, we should have technology that can
> > > deliver that. "It's not good for you" is NOT an acceptable answer.
>
> > Nonsense...
> > Who said it should never be good for you. What a delluded moron.
>
> Dude, lay off the coffee. You're spitting. And, your reply is not
> clear.
If you cant' make sense out of such basic comments that says how much damage has been done on cognitive abilities.