Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Dmitry A. Kazakov <>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:19:22 +0100

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:58:48 -0400, Brian Selzer wrote:

> I just don't buy this. If the information is the same, but just organized
> differently, then there must exist a transposition between them. Each is
> then just a different possible representation of the same information.

Existence of a transposition does not imply its usability. Consider the public-private encryption keys pair as an example. The public key has no information about the private one (if not cracked). That is the fundamental principle of non-existence information in absence of receivers.

Dmitry A. Kazakov