Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 06:49:50 -0400

"topmind" <topmind_at_technologist.com> wrote in message news:8a26ad88-6088-4048-9de3-7a37ff7213e1_at_s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com...

> Brian Selzer wrote:
>> "topmind" <topmind_at_technologist.com> wrote in message

>> > Even in 2004 when it was clear that Iraq was a joke?
>> >

>> Especially in 2004. Iraq wasn't a joke. One might consider it a
>> mistake,
>> but only if one chooses to disregard the facts, mainly the fact that our
>> presence in Iraq over the last five years has saved hundreds of thousands
>> of
>> Iraqi civilians from torture, starvation, and death. Under Saddam,
>> 90,000
>> civilians were either tortured or starved to death each year--most
>> children
>> under the age of 5.
>
> Where does this figure come from, Rush Dimbulb?

Actually it is from much more liberal sources. In 1999 the World Health Organization complained that 5000 children under the age of 5 were dying of starvation each month. They, of course, blamed the U.N. Sanctions, but if you do the math, the billions (over 10) in Oil for Food money that Saddam Hussein diverted to his cronies and for his own purposes could have easily fed those hundreds of thousands of children. That makes him directly responsible for those deaths. Also, CNN and the BBC reported that human rights groups estimate that over 300,000 people have been buried in over 260 mass graves in Iraq. That number doesn't take into account those that were not killed en mass. Moreover, in 2003, Newsweek reported that Saddam's regime slaughtered as many as 8 million people. That puts him on par with the likes of Pol Pot, Hitler and Stalin. 90,000 is a very conservative number.