Re: Object-relational impedence

From: topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 14:01:08 -0700 (PDT)

Brian Selzer wrote:
> "topmind" <topmind_at_technologist.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Brian Selzer wrote:

> >> Funny, but this "orders of magnitude better" claim sounds like something
> >> shifty politician like Barack Hussein Obama would say. He can supposedly
> >> turn a whole lot of nothing into something that makes women swoon.
> >> Politicians--especially Dimocrats, but not exclusively--play on the
> >> ignorance of their constituents by telling only part of the story.
> >
> > Uh uh politics!
> >
> > We need somebody like G.W.Bush to set everything right and give us the
> > full story {cough} {cough} {cough}.
> >

> I used to like Bush. I voted for him twice.

Even in 2004 when it was clear that Iraq was a joke?

> But I'm disappointed. We've
> got millions of squatters here with many more pouring in every day. These
> criminals drain local economies. More police are required to deal with the
> increased crime; more space is required in prisons to house their more
> desparate and violent elements. They also crowd emergency rooms, thus
> driving up the price of health care and reducing availability to law-abiding
> citizens. The fence that should have already been built has barely even
> begun to be constructed. It's a bleeding wound. You would think that Bush
> would at least put a band-aid on it--especially since Congress actually
> appropriated monies for it.

Move to the colder north. Most undocumented visitors are from warm countries and are not fond of cold. But many welcome them because they provide (illegally) cheap services such as lawn care. Everybody wants a bargain....until their job is lost to such laborers. Sort of like our oil addiction.

> >> Take for
> >> example the hysteria over global warming. The disasters and horrors that
> >> are predicted by the left-wing lunatics can only happen if the globe
> >> warms
> >> by at least 5 or 6 degrees, but in the last 100 years, the globe has only
> >> warmed by about half a degree.
> >
> > Yeah, let the kids worry about floods and drought; we'll be dead by
> > then. Typical repub: dump problem on the next generation (debt.,
> > climate, good-will, etc.)
> >

> At the rate of global temperature increase, it won't be my kids, or my kids'
> kids, but fifty generations down the road. Count 'em, fifty! By then all
> of the fossil fuels will have long since been exhausted, and the climate
> will have adjusted itself accordingly.
>

> Just a little tidbit of information that you appear not to know: the Dims
> controlled the Senate for nearly half of Bush's Presidency. Remember
> Jumpin' Jim Jeffords? Even in those years that they didn't, they still had
> enough power to block any legislation that they didn't like. News-flash:
> you need 60 votes in the Senate to limit debate--that is, to prevent a
> filibuster. That means that you need 60 votes to get anything done. That's
> why it seems that nothing ever gets done (and that's probably a good thing).

You are assuming that all GOP's are the same and all Dems are the same. They are not. They have differing opinions, and party affiliation is an oversimplification. Plus, W is playing a Game of Chicken with our troop supplies. Received on Wed Mar 19 2008 - 22:01:08 CET

Original text of this message