Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 08:45:11 -0700 (PDT)

On 17 mar, 15:19, S Perryman <q..._at_q.com> wrote:
> Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> > On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:52:37 +0000, S Perryman wrote:
> >>Perhaps even Dijkstra himself said this.
>
> C> *CS is as much about computers then Astronomy is about telescopes*
>
> >>Astronomy without telescopes is merely staring into the night sky.
> > Dijkstra should have said "Astrology"...
> > Probably another his citation may apply here, that about BASIC.
>
> Actually, the exact quote should be :
>
> "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about
> telescopes."
>
> 1. He couldn't even get that right (in addition to his botch job in
> attempting to use the quote as "appeal to authority" for his rather silly
> rhetoric) .
Congratulations I can see you have googling up. If you look a little further down in his quoted you should read a couple descriptions of people like you (you know OO and VB crowd)...

See how the moron slowly diverts the subject to etymology. That is the proof that his basic claim was simply nonsense.

> 2. It could be considered quite arrogant to think oneself "smart enough"
> to change Dijkstras' original quote. Not that Cimode would of course be
> foolish enough to do that (or accuse others similarly) ...
The idiot does not make the difference between paraphrazing Dijkra and quoting Dijkra. That's a subtleness that elludes weak and unprecise minds. Note the futile attempt to divert the subject slowly to etymology.

> > It looks
> > that exposure to SQL causes similar effects. Or, is it abstraction [away]
> > of logical model went too far? So far that some of our honored posters from
> > c.d.t. (surely otherwise sensible and intelligent gentlemen) just do not
> > notice their fingers keeping on typing nothing but "fool", "idiot",
> > "moron."
>
> Well "typing Tourettes" (as I call it) seems to be a trait of certain
> people (there are non c.d.t denizens who suffer it too) .
That is pathetic.
Making fun of people with Tourette's Syndrom is pathetic because they don't decide anything. On the other hand, the fact of you being a self aggrandizing ignorant when you have the possibility to educate yourself is truly moronic on your part.

[Snipped]
> You know, as much as Topmind is just polluting effluent in the comp.object
> stream, there are times when his jibes/insults/etc are actually quite
> funny. Certainly more imagination (that figures :-) ) in there than "moron"
> and "Pffft" anyway.
Come to think about it using Pfff to express myself in a language you may understand seems to be too complex for you. I have a small red fish with which you will certainly more suitable to converse with you.

Maybe using growls may make more sense through your empty skull.

Sorry but you are just too dumb to understand what I am talking about, too ignorant to recognize it and too proud to admit it...