Re: Object-relational impedence

From: S Perryman <>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 16:52:37 +0000

Cimode wrote:

> On Mar 16, 10:47 am, S Perryman <> wrote:

>>Marshall wrote:

> [Snipped]

>>Abstraction of the physical enviroment has been a fundamental concept >>in CS for aeons.

> *Abstraction of the physical envirmoment.* What a bunch of crap
> Pfff...

> Talking about *abstraction of the physical* is like talking about the
> humidity of sand grains in the desert.

> The two concepts are totally contradictory for anybody can reason
> abstractly (someone like you)

> As Dijskra states;

Perhaps even Dijkstra himself said this.

> *CS is as much about computers then Astronomy is about telescopes*

Astronomy without telescopes is merely staring into the night sky. CS without computers is merely pure mathematics.

For each, not that much advances are/were made in the former without the latter.

I think the phrase you're looking for to describe your foolishness is ... Pffff.

Steven Perryman Received on Sun Mar 16 2008 - 17:52:37 CET

Original text of this message