Re: Flash to JOG

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:41:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 14, 5:52 am, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Turbo-Pascal was $99 for a compiler with a complete IDE.

That sort of pricing was revolutionary at the time, but I don't think it would be sufficiently low today. Unless we are talking about C++ or Java, languages with the awesome might of an enormous corporate entity behind them, I think the only price that will fly in today's world is free dollars and nothing cents.

The languages that are gaining some tiny traction in a crowded marketplace are things like Perl, PHP, Python, Javascript, Ruby, etc. They are all free. Meanwhile a language like Digital Mars' "D" (no relation to TTM) which is some fair degree of technical sophistication, is finding that $FREE is too high a price for most people.

Marshall Received on Sat Mar 15 2008 - 00:41:47 CET

Original text of this message