Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Marshall <>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 08:44:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 10, 7:16 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <> wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:49:20 GMT, David Cressey wrote:
> > "mAsterdam" <> wrote in message
> > The distinction between "what" and "how" was just as novel to
> > them as it is today for the OO programmer.
> Declarative approaches are always more difficult both to understand and to
> implement.

Well, you have a point, but it's phrased rather too broadly.

I find writing a line in a declarative language to often be dramatically
harder than in an imperative language. However, the per-line amount of work accomplished is a lot more, so it's unclear how the final accounting looks. Also, I have decades of practice in the imperative style, and very little in the declarative, and I think that's a common situation.

As to the understanding, I often find the declarative style quite easy to understand.

Marshall Received on Mon Mar 10 2008 - 16:44:38 CET

Original text of this message