Re: Turing test for OO bigots. Was: Object-relational impedence

From: Bob Badour <>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:17:23 -0400

Tegiri Nenashi wrote:

> On Mar 6, 11:06 am, Bob Badour <> wrote:

>>Tegiri Nenashi wrote:
>>>On Mar 6, 10:38 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <>
>>>OK, this is actually a good Turing test. So what function the
>>>following query
>>>SELECT x FROM sine WHEN y=0.5
> Eh, Bob, spoled all the fun -- I didn't doubt you (or anybody on
> relational side) would solve this easily. I honestly wanted to clarify
> how capable the other side is...

Actually, I take back my answer. I don't know the header of sine; it could have a header like:

sin = y/r
cos = x/r
tan = y/x

In that case, the function you gave above is just the set of real numbers or whatever lame approximation of the reals we are using. Received on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 23:17:23 CET

Original text of this message