Re: Turing test for OO bigots. Was: Object-relational impedence

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 18:17:23 -0400

Tegiri Nenashi wrote:

> On Mar 6, 11:06 am, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>Tegiri Nenashi wrote:

>>>OK, this is actually a good Turing test. So what function the
>>>following query
>>
>>>SELECT x FROM sine WHEN y=0.5
>>
>>>represent?
>>
>>arcsine(0.5)
>
> Eh, Bob, spoled all the fun -- I didn't doubt you (or anybody on
> relational side) would solve this easily. I honestly wanted to clarify
> how capable the other side is...

Actually, I take back my answer. I don't know the header of sine; it could have a header like:

sine(x,y,r,theta,sin,cos,tan)

where:

sin = y/r
cos = x/r
tan = y/x

etc.

In that case, the function you gave above is just the set of real numbers or whatever lame approximation of the reals we are using. Received on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 23:17:23 CET

Original text of this message