Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Eric <>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:32:09 +0000

On 2008-03-06, Dmitry A. Kazakov <> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 00:21:22 -0600, Robert Martin wrote:
>> On 2008-03-05 02:56:02 -0600, "Dmitry A. Kazakov"
>> <> said:
>>> Disagreed.
>>> The idea of multilingual system is the most damaging thing in software
>>> developing history.
>> Whooo! Then I guess it's back to toggling in binary for us all.
> That does not imply.
> If you concede that in your system it would be OK to use SQL together with
> an OOPL X, then your argument of hiding SQL behind the scenes does not
> work. Because alleged technical merits of SQL should in some way show
> themselves in the design. That is the DB-guys point. (They go further and
> propose to scrap X.)

Where do you get this stuff? None of the "DB-guys" said any such things.

> My position is opposite. It is that SQL does not have such merits, it is
> there only as an interface to a legacy component. If that component had an
> OOPL X interface I would take it instead. It might appear radical, but in
> fact this is what all those zillions of language X-to-DBMS-Y bindings are
> about.

I give up, you do not seem to make any effort to understand what others are saying, and you argue, not against what is said, but what you think is said - which you always get wrong!

E Received on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 16:32:09 CET

Original text of this message