Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Eric <>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 15:04:16 +0000

On 2008-03-06, Dmitry A. Kazakov <> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:27:58 -0800 (PST), topmind wrote:
>> Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
>>> No, this as well is wrong. Keeping "data" in RDBMS puts certain
>>> restrictions on what can be stored there and how it can be used later.
> [...]
>> cannot stop you from doing anything you want to with retrieved data.
> Yes, exactly this is wrong. (I hope you don't have in mind retrieving all
> content and continuing without RDBMS.)

This is how any database-using program works - it retrieves the _relevant_ data and does what it needs to do with it. This is not "continuing without RDBMS". But then you are the person who thinks that a single tool should be able to do everything. Here is a hammer, please take that screw out.

E Received on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 16:04:16 CET

Original text of this message