Re: Object-relational impedence

From: David Cressey <>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:46:57 GMT

"Bob Badour" <> wrote in message news:47cc8bc8$0$4038$
> David Cressey wrote:
> > "Bob Badour" <> wrote in message
> >
> >>It's pretty obvious to me: object-relational mismatch is to relations as
> >>assembler-object mismatch is to objects.
> >
> > I didn't get this comment. Now that someone else has flagged it as a
> > keeper, I feel the need to ask for an explanation.
> What do you know about assembler?

I used to work in assembler, a long, long time ago. Perhaps the most ambitious project I wrote in assembler was an automatic garbage collector for MDL, a programming language in the Lisp family. That was back in 1971. I haven't done anything significant in assembler since 1978. Received on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 15:46:57 CET

Original text of this message