Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Dmitry A. Kazakov <>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:49:47 +0100

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:22:24 +0000, Eric wrote:

> If you should not use multiple languages, there must be a universal
> language.

Yep, it is called a universal/general purpose programming language.

> What is it, is it really universal _right now_, and if not,

It is, there exist many of them.

The mistake you make is in a wrong presumption that "universal purpose" <=> "best possible."

> when will it be and what should we do in the meantime?

Not to develop pet domain-specific languages if the advantages of those are unclear. If you, say, wanted to create a declarative language based on inference, then that should be a universal purpose one.

Dmitry A. Kazakov