Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Eric <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:22:24 +0000

On 2008-03-05, Dmitry A. Kazakov <mailbox_at_dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 00:46:14 -0600, Robert Martin wrote:
>
>> On 2008-03-03 16:49:29 -0600, "David Cressey" <cressey73_at_verizon.net> said:
>>
>>> But the idea of a single language that is suitable for everything remains an
>>> elusive goal, and probably an unproductive endeavor.
>>
>> Agreed.
>
> Disagreed.
>
> The idea of multilingual system is the most damaging thing in software
> developing history.

Well, that opinion explains a lot of the things you have said. You also appear to have assumed that other people agreed, leading you to misinterpret what they said.

If you should not use multiple languages, there must be a universal language. What is it, is it really universal _right now_, and if not, when will it be and what should we do in the meantime?

E Received on Wed Mar 05 2008 - 13:22:24 CET

Original text of this message