Re: Methods as Comments (Re: Mixing OO and DB)

From: Robert Martin <>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 16:21:51 -0600

On 2008-03-03 11:36:55 -0600, topmind <> said:

> I vehemently disagree. Method/functions used as mere comments is a
> recipe for code cluttered with way too many methods/functions. I don't
> know how your eyes and brain and fingers work, but I do not like that
> code style whatsoever. It would slow me down. It is bureaucratic and
> anti-KISS.

On the contrary, KISS means keep all your methods very simple. That means having lots of little simple methods, not a few methods who's left margins look like a crosscut saw with broken teeth.

Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email:
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:
The Agile Transition Experts  | web:
800-338-6716                  |