Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Patrick May <pjm_at_spe.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 16:58:38 -0500

Thomas Gagne <tgagne_at_wide-open-west.com> writes:

> Patrick May wrote:

>>      I invite you to point out where anyone has suggested that such
>> a ridiculous idea is the goal of decoupling application code and
>> the underlying database schema.
>>

> Perhaps not in this thread, but I've written and spoken about it--of
> course, I'm hardly famous or well-regarded, but when someone famous
> and well-regarded popularizes it I intend to take all the credit.

     The message to which I was replying implied that I suggested that it would be possible to use the schema for a content management system to support an inventory system. You don't want to take credit for that, do you?

Regards,

Patrick

S P Engineering, Inc. | Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO
                       | systems design and implementation.
          pjm_at_spe.com  | (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)