Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 17:58:10 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 3, 5:39 pm, Robert Martin <uncle..._at_objectmentor.com> wrote:

> A function should be no longer than five or ten lines of code. A
> function should have no more than one indent level. The body of each
> if statement should call one function. The body of each loop statement
> should call one function.

Can you back up any of these commandments with actual data? What *measurable* consequences result if they are not adhered to?

I recall an actual empirical study that looked at defects per line of code relative to function size. The rate stayed constant until function size exceeded 150-200 lines.

Marshall Received on Tue Mar 04 2008 - 02:58:10 CET

Original text of this message