Re: Object-relational impedence

From: David Cressey <cressey73_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:28:46 GMT

"Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote in message news:nfWdnW05its1o1HanZ2dnUVZ8t2snZ2d_at_pipex.net...

> Until I know their reasons for their views on data structures I couldn't
> say. However I notice that I am surrounded by programmers who consume
most
> the development budget writing code, and when a change request comes along
> can accommodate it in the database in minutes and they spend months
spewing
> out more code (sometimes after doing an extensive and expensive impact
> assessment). Code may not be evil, but it sure has a case to answer.

I have to agree with this comment, based on my own experience.

*However*, my experience, and perhaps yours as well, may be biased towards cases in business where relatively rich data is subjected to fairly straightforward transformations. A lot of commercial data processing fits that description. Received on Mon Mar 03 2008 - 23:28:46 CET

Original text of this message