Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:11:25 -0600

On 2008-03-03 12:29:02 -0600, TroyK <cs_troyk_at_juno.com> said:

> My experience is somewhere between 2 and 3 orders of magnitude
> difference between implementing a business rules change in the db vs.
> the programming team doing it in OO code.

Then you should be able to fly rings around the programmers and get them all fired. Why haven't you?

Ladies and gentlemen, there are certainly tasks that are better suited to SQL and stored procedures. There are other tasks that are better suited to general purpose languages. True wisdom comes from knowing the strengths and weaknesses of both. Good architects build systems that combine the tools synergistically.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com