Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Dmitry A. Kazakov <mailbox_at_dmitry-kazakov.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 19:47:59 +0100

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:36:50 GMT, David Cressey wrote:

> "Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote in message

>> I completely, 100% agree with that. Code is evil.
>
> It appears, from reading c.o., that OO people regard data structures as
> evil.

Right, the structure of data would be too low-level to be able to capture behavior. As in mathematics, in OO the internal structure of objects is irrelevant and when considered, then only as an implementation detail to be abstracted away. OO deals with the structures of sets of objects exposing same behavior and relations between such sets.

> It sounds like Stalinists versus Trotskyites to me!

Huh, both regarded themselves as true Leninists. No, by this analogy c.d.t. wanted to impose Leninism on us, others who consider Leninism just a silly amateur philosophy, though very wicked when tried in practice. You know the examples, the Gulag, SQL... (:-))

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov