Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 14:40:44 -0600

On 2008-03-02 00:20:36 -0600, topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com> said:

> Since I don't know how to work the Cool-O-Meter to measure such, I
> will say that RDBMS are in a good many critical and important systems.
> I've done projects for 2 large telecoms (your alleged forte), both
> house-hold names, and I can assure you they relied heavily on RDBMS.

Again, no one is suggesting (at least in this argument) that RDBMSs should not be used, and used heavily. The argument is about where the source code that calls the RDBMs is located. Is it located in the main application code, or is it isolated in decoupled modules?

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com