Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 13:03:20 -0600

On 2008-02-28 16:02:36 -0600, Tegiri Nenashi <TegiriNenashi_at_gmail.com> said:

>>> What is the benefit with hiding SQL from the bulk of the
>>> application?

>> For one thing, it decouples the application code and the database
>> schema. For another, as noted by Mr. Martin, it allows the creation
>> of a domain specific language that better reflects the concepts in the
>> problem and solution domains.
>
> Sure Mr. Martin is working on a "domain specific language" that would
> put SQL to shame?

Of course not. Such a language would not be Domain Specific. It would be general purpose.

However, in the context of a particular application it is not at all difficult to create a DSL that puts SQL to shame.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com