Re: The Terrific Trio

From: paul c <toledobysea_at_ac.ooyah>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 15:22:00 GMT

David Cressey wrote:
> When you put all three together, (LARRY, CURLY, & MOE), you get an
> environment that should be the nirvana of computing that we have all been
> looking for. I'm starting work on the implementation next week. Stay
> tuned!

Their progeny were prominent in pretty much every big project I saw (say one million bucks and up), at least ones with more than dozen participants, come to think of it maybe even smaller ones, due to inbreeding. Dissenters were scolded for not recognizing nirvana when it was staring them in the face. Outfits like AT&T used to have many such projects going on at the same time. Sometime in the late 1980's or early 1990's, higher-ups in some big N.A. corps coined a new form of machismo: how many ten million dollar projects can you discard without losing your job? Weak-minded (empathetic?) boards saw this as the courage to face reality and those execs were usually promoted. The fad then spread to Europe. Received on Sun Mar 02 2008 - 16:22:00 CET

Original text of this message