Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 22:20:36 -0800 (PST)

Patrick May wrote:
> Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> writes:

> >> If you provided substantive arguments instead of nonsensical
> >> strawmen, I'd be happy to respond in kind.
> >
> > If the teeth of a substantive argument clamped around
> > your ankle, you'd chew your leg off before you'd try
> > to pry it open.

> I'll just leave the record to stand for itself. I have the
> common human decency to empathize with the c.d.t. visitors to
> comp.object. When you have nothing to do but cling to your relational
> algebra, wondering why all the cool projects don't want to use you,

Since I don't know how to work the Cool-O-Meter to measure such, I will say that RDBMS are in a good many critical and important systems. I've done projects for 2 large telecoms (your alleged forte), both house-hold names, and I can assure you they relied heavily on RDBMS.

(They'd be used even more if SQL had some strong relational language competition IMO.)

> as
> you keep the candles lit around your shrine to Chris Date, you need
> the comfort of your delusions of actually having made a valid point in
> an online discussion.

> Here endith the lesson on how to flame on Usenet.
>

> Sincerely,
>

> Patrick

-T- Received on Sun Mar 02 2008 - 07:20:36 CET

Original text of this message