Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 06:17:42 -0800 (PST)

On 24 fév, 03:23, paul c <toledoby..._at_ac.ooyah> wrote:

> Cimode, nice to know you are still alive, if you don't mind a
> suggestion, mine would be that your time is better spent working on your
> engine than replying to the OO babblers.
It is nice to hear from you also. I did not show up lately for the exact reasons you suggested. Mixing probabilism and relational algebra to come up with a decent implementation makes it indeed difficult to do both. Because I am stuck on a difficult problem with the compiler for more than a month, I am kind of taking a breath of fresh air by dropping by...

> Your posts on other topics are
> usually more entertaining, at least for me. There was a time when the
> promoters of IT jargon knew more about useful machinery, ie. technique,
> than the people who signed for the computers. With the rapid rise in
> illiteracy among technocrats here and elsewhere that time may now be
> past, although the cheque signers still don't seem to know it yet. Most
> of the cross posters here seem to be confusing technique with purpose.
> You especially may find it ironic that many of them appear to be native
> English speakers.
Indeed. DIJKRA had identified that close relationship between mastering of one's native language and computer science proficiency applied to programming. Received on Sun Feb 24 2008 - 15:17:42 CET

Original text of this message