Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:24:31 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 21, 3:31 am, "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mail..._at_dmitry-kazakov.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:14:20 -0800 (PST), David BL wrote:
>
> > The type system can be defined mathematically and
> > independently of any implementation.
>
> No.

David's statement is not only correct, but it's really the only perspective able to lead to advancements in the field.

Further, since David's statement was existentially quantified, a single example serves as a proof of it, for which I shall supply "The Definition of Standard ML."

Marshall Received on Fri Feb 22 2008 - 05:24:31 CET

Original text of this message