Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:58:15 -0600

On 2008-02-19 00:45:49 -0600, topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com> said:

> I already gave reasons for shifting toward a data-centric approach
> *instead of* a behavior-centric one. In short, data is more math-able
> than behavior, and is more cross-app-language-able.
>
> It is kind of like the choice between binary circuits and trinary
> circuits. Binary is better understood and has more math and
> standardization behind it.
>
> Maybe someday there will be a Dr. Codd of Behavior. Until that day,
> data has the edge.

Yet even in the most data driven application there will still be behavior, and there will be code that implements that behavior, and there will be dependencies between the elements of the source code that need to be managed.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com