Re: Separate PK in Jxn Tbl?

From: Neil <nospam_at_nospam.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 12:04:20 GMT

"Marshall" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:368fd54e-9aa8-4312-9af0-feb11eca4d52_at_y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
> On Jan 29, 7:56 am, "Neil" <nos..._at_nospam.net> wrote:
>> "Jamie Collins" <jamiecoll..._at_xsmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Here in the UK I avoid using the word 'moot' when trying to write
>> > 'plain English' simply because the US usage has obscured the UK usage
>> > i.e. it can cause confusion.
>>
>> You could use the alternate "moo" point, meaning that the point is full
>> of
>> methane gas. At least it would be clear what you mean.... ;-)
>
> Amusingly, a lot of people misperceive the word as "mute."
>
> It's a mute point, meaning it can't say anything any longer.
> It sorta vaguely works in a metaphoric way.
>
> Of course, on the internet, you can find many examples of
> fractured usage. Ultimately it's just a waist of time.<snicker>

Reminds me of a time that I was laughed at by a group of coworkers for insisting that the phrase "that doesn't jibe" is correct, and "that doesn't jive" (as they insisted) was incorrect. J-j-j-jive talking....

I also love the usage of "nip it in the butt" instead of "nip it in the bud." One time I corrected someone for using "butt," and she apologized, thinking I was offended by her use of the word "butt," and was creating my own "softer" version with "bud" instead. Hahahaha! Received on Wed Jan 30 2008 - 13:04:20 CET

Original text of this message