Re: Separate PK in Jxn Tbl?

From: Keith Wilby <here_at_there.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:39:07 -0000

"David W. Fenton" <XXXusenet_at_dfenton.com.invalid> wrote in message news:Xns9A329E49DB644f99a49ed1d0c49c5bbb2_at_64.209.0.89...

> If your impression of Access comes from futzing with it for 10
> minutes and from encountering kludged-together apps created by your
> company receptionist, then you just haven't a clue what Access
> offers, either as an application development platform or as a data
> store (using its native Jet engine).

I frequently have Oracle die-hards tell me (and more worryingly, management) that Access is a toy that will fall over when more than a couple of users log on. I have yet to have any of them rise to the challenge of siting a single example of a correctly set up, split application in Access that isn't stable under load. Mine are certainly stable and reliable, the only problematic ones are set up by dabblers. None of the aforementioned die-hards even know what a split Access application is.

Keith.
www.keithwilby.com Received on Tue Jan 29 2008 - 11:39:07 CET

Original text of this message