Re: what are keys and surrogates?

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 23:45:55 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 27, 6:09 pm, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Like many programmers, I suspect your experience relies less on abstract
> data types and more on algorithms.

Oh hell yes. It's such a strong bias that when I first started reading about it *as* a bias I couldn't even recognize it, in the same way that we say that fish don't see the water. After some years of trying to develop alternate ways of thinking, (functional, algebraic, logical, whatever) I find the bias is still so strong that it completely dominates my thought processes. I am making a *bit* of progress though.

Marshall Received on Tue Jan 29 2008 - 08:45:55 CET

Original text of this message