Re: Separate PK in Jxn Tbl?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 04:01:44 GMT

Any decent library will have lots of old books that have no ISBN, two I've looked at lately were from 1904 and 1950.

But, somebody just sent me a nice book from France, published just a few years ago and it has no ISBN. Then there are all the other materials libraries carry, various records, maps, magazines and so forth.

Even though I'm one of them, it still surprises me how many assumptions the typical North American makes about the rest of the world. It makes me laugh when people suggest an ISBN isn't a surrogate (in the generic sense, not Codd's over-loaded meaning).