Re: Something new for the New Year (2008).

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:56:12 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 17, 1:09 pm, "David Cressey" <cresse..._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> "Marshall" <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> Here's a link to a wikipedia article about the concept.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffusion_of_innovations

Interesting; thanks.

Reading that lead me to reading again about "disruptive technology."

Completely OT:

The future of entertainment is on my mind a lot lately. The multiplexes are dying, and we have YouTube and NetFlix and iTunes movie rentals. There is massive disintermediation going on, but it hasn't really resulted in big changes in how movies get made. Yet.

The big question in my mind is whether the current stranglehold on distribution will be broken, and what that will mean. And how will movie producers of tomorrow reach an audience?

Marshall Received on Thu Jan 17 2008 - 22:56:12 CET

Original text of this message