Re: Using a seperate table to 'join' make a table relation

From: David Cressey <cressey73_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 05:28:24 GMT

<bissatch_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:3c6e14e4-2cda-4685-9c76-d4031907f20c_at_e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
> Thanks for all that, I did search for join table but got loads of SQL
> JOIN command stuff but ill keep looking. I briefly touched on
> normalization at uni but im going to do learn more on database design.
>
> Anyway, good to see im somewhat on the correct track :)

Here's a pretty good summary of modeling and design. Unfortunately the custodians are archiving it. It's pretty condensed, and it's not perfect. But it might help.

http://www.utexas.edu/its-archive/windows/database/datamodeling/dm/overview.html Received on Fri Jan 11 2008 - 06:28:24 CET

Original text of this message