Re: Using a seperate table to 'join' make a table relation

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 17:46:32 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 10, 10:31 pm, bissa..._at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Thanks for all that, I did search for join table but got loads of SQL
> JOIN command stuff but ill keep looking. I briefly touched on
> normalization at uni but im going to do learn more on database design.
>
> Anyway, good to see im somewhat on the correct track :)

junction table - instersection table - associative entity - all different names for a setup where a relation contains two attributes which are foreign keys, referencing tuples in other tables. And very useful stuff in database design they are too, so if you discovered them yourself, much kudos. As with everything, we're never the first to think of things, but its a good sign hey ;) Get a database book and soak it up - there's a lot of insights to learn and debates to be had. The field needs as many people in the know as possible. Received on Fri Jan 11 2008 - 02:46:32 CET

Original text of this message