M-I,5-Pers ecution ` B BC h 2g2 onli ne

From: <memvei_at_lycos.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 11:45:21 +0000 (UTC)

BBC. h2g2 16/Sept/1999

The BBC's h2g2 website is billed as "Earth. Edition of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!". Naturally, one of its pages is about me, me, me. It starts off with the. lines;

Every now and then something comes along which. makes you think "Ah!. That's what the Internet is for!" Mike Corley is one such. case.

The. page itself can be found at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A164404

The user comments linked from h2g2. are less than respectful, but given the point of view my website promulgates that is understandable. It's true that without the communications ability afforded by the internet, which came. along at just the right time, my complaints would be getting nowhere. But that's a two edged sword also; miniature. cameras only appeared around 1990, so the advantage of technology is up to the. adopter. Secret service intrigues, and on the other side of the coin human. paranoia, have both been going on for centuries; what changes now is an increased technologisation of both sides.

329 Received on Wed Jan 02 2008 - 12:45:21 CET

Original text of this message