M,I.5'Per secution bu gging an d counter-s urveillance

From: <mfmemimi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 08:52:41 +0000 (UTC)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-= MI5: bugging. and counter-surveillance -=
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

PO: >Did you ever look for the bugs in your. house ? If not, why not ? I mean if
PO: >I thought that was happening. to me, I'd search the place from top to bottom,
PO: >I mean I live there I would know if anything was out of place. If. I was
PO: >really suspicious, I. would call in one of those bug detection teams which
PO: >have those machines that pick up. the transmitted radio waves. This PO: >reminds me of BUGS, that. new programme on BBC1 on

That's exactly what we did. We went. to a competent, professional detective agency. in London, paid them over 400 quid to debug our house. They used scanner devices. which go to over 1 GHz and would pick up any nearby transmitter in. that range, they also checked the phones and found nothing... but if the tap was at the exchange,. then they wouldn't find anything, would. they?

CS: >Doesn't this suggest to. you that there are, in fact, no bugs to be found?

You can assume that they've done this sort. of thing to other people in more
"serious". cases, where they would know the targets would suspect the
presence of electronic surveillance. So they. will have developed techniques and devices which are not readily detectable either by visual inspection. or by electronic means. What those techniques. might be, I couldn't guess.

In this. case, the existence of bugging devices was clear from the beginning, and they "rubbed it in" with what. was said by the boy on the coach. It was almost as if they wanted. counter-surveillance people to be called in, who they knew would fail to detect the bugging devices,. causing loss of credibility to the other things I would. have to say relating to the harassment.

I did all the things someone in my situation would do. to try to find the bugs.. In addition to calling in professional help using electronic counter-surveillance, I made a. close visual inspection of electrical equipment, plus any points where audio or. video surveillance devices might have been concealed.. Of course, I found nothing. Normal surveillance
"mini-cameras" are quite noticeable and. require visible supporting
circuitry. It seems to me the best place to put a small. video surveillance device would be additional to a piece. of electronic equipment such as a TV or video. It would. be necessary to physically break in to a property to fit such. a device.

2760 Received on Tue Jan 01 2008 - 09:52:41 CET

Original text of this message