Re: A philosophical newbie issue: catch redundant errors via relationships or programmically?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:03:27 -0400

raylopez99 wrote:

> On Dec 29, 5:42 pm, Marshall <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks. I could not get the compound key to work in Access, which is
> a bit strange (the restriction on whether a foreign key is a duplicate
> or is unique is rather hidden). After many permutations, I gave up,
> but it could be a peculiarity of Access.
>
> RL

Having read over your original question again, it seems you are trying to declare a uniqueness constraint as a foreign key reference.

I don't know the specifics in Access, but 'uniqueness constraint', 'alternate key', 'unique index' etc. are some likely candidates to look for. Received on Sun Dec 30 2007 - 16:03:27 CET

Original text of this message